I used six different methods: marker, glitter, tissue paper, chalk pastel, paint for the candy cane, and splattering paint.
1. My piece shows the "line" theme because of my waves in the water of my piece. I used just lined waves to portray our overal theme of "line" for the project.
2. I really enjoyed this project and found it to be more of an easy project to me. So, next time I think I would've picked something more difficult to draw and to print. I picked something simple like a whale tail because I thought it would be difficult to cut into the rubbery print but I found it easier than I had expected. Also next time I think I would add more lines in to more portray the theme of the project.
1. I plan to paint my pineapple all a light yellow glaze color to keep it plain also I'm going to paint it yellow to look sort of realistic without looking exactly like a real pineapple. Once my piece is finish I plan to give it to my mom to use and maybe put something like candy in it.
2. To my this piece was difficult to do because unlike most people I did mine all by hand as far as the shape of the container goes. Most people used temples or pcp pipe to make their base but I did mine with the coil method so it was difficult to get the right shape. Another thing I found difficult and didn't do super well was get the shape and pineapple completely smooth.
3. I think that the top of my container was successful and looks like an a truly pineapple and the leaves on the top (or the handle) was easier than I thought it would be to create.
4. I started with a slab of clay that I used a stencil and an exacto knife to cut out the base. From there I took pieces of clay and and rolled them out like snakes and attached the pieces to the base and then on top of each other by scoring and slipping mostly with the scoring rib. After that I used water and the rib to smooth out the piece and get the exact shape I wanted. To do this in more small areas I also used the wooden knife. To do the top of the container I rolled out another slab and again used my exacto knife to cut a circle. I took a bowl and made it slightly rounded in order to fit to the bottom to the top of the container. To put the leaves on top I used the left over slabs and cut leaf life shapes; I then scored and slipped them onto the top and used the wooden rib to help them stay up. From here I put my container into the kiln to be fired.